The British Consul Daniel Barton (1850-1907), who has lived in Geneva since his youth, enjoyed music passionately
In 1883 he founded a Symphony orchestra and, in honour of his Queen Victoria, built the concert hall designed by the Geneva architect John Camoletti in the classic and Renaissance style.
In 1904, Barton donated the building to the city of Geneva. The Victoria Hall is now used mainly for performances of classical music, also welcomed the leading performers in singing, Jazz and ethnic music. The grandness of the auditorium is excellently complemented by acoustic qualities.